The 5 P’s – This is your neurovascular assessment for those with fractures, casts, and traction
RICE – this is your immediate interventions for those with an acute musculoskeletal injury
Stairs and Crutches
- “Up with the good and down with the bad”
- going up: move the good leg up first, then the bad leg and crutch
- going down: move the bed leg down and crutch, then move good leg down
Canes and COAL
- “Cane Opposite Affected Leg”
- put the cane on the opposite side of the bad leg
- move the cane at the same time as the bad leg
Do you have any good sayings to remember content? Post below!
Find it helpful? Please share it!